About This Site
This site is designed to support DSU faculty and students in using
Desire2Learn (D2L), the course management system adopted by the State of South
Dakota. The site consists of two sections: a section for students and a section
In the left menu, the upper section is for students and the lower section is
for instructors. A heading with a plus icon indicates the folder can be clicked
to expand. A minus icon indicates the folder can be clicked to collapse or
- Basics: FAQ, browser check, platform requirements.
- Common Issues: issues many students had in using D2L.
- Latest User Guides for Students (current version of D2L: 9.2).
- Video Tutorials: step-by-step demonstrations showing how to
perform most commonly required course tasks and used course tools.
- Other Support Services: Respondus Lockdown Browser, Online
Writing Lab (OWL), Tips for Online Learning, Tutoring.
- Common Tasks: tasks that most instructors often do to design,
develop, and manage courses in D2L.
- Common Issues: problems often reported by many instructors.
- Course Design for Quality Assurance: A set of guidelines
organized into the following sub folders:
- Read me first
- Introduce your course
- Use D2L tools
- Set up objectives
- Organize the course
- Put in content
- Online quizzes
- Manage grades
- Early Alert: An online system for instructors to send referrals
on students who are in need of help.
- Tips of the Week: a collection of tips on using various features
and tools of D2L. Many of the methods and strategies introduced here are not
easily in standard user guides or manuals.
- Video Tutorials: About 40 videos demonstrating how to use the
common tools in D2L. The tutorials cover the following areas:
- Course Homepages
- Content and Files
- Dropbox and Grades
- Class Management
- Competencies and Objectives
- Other Tutorials:
- SharePoint Designer
Last updated Aug 23, 2011